Legend of the Fall

laborday 264

So, yeah, I pretty much suck at this whole updating regularly thing. On the up side, it looks like Fall might actually be just around the corner, so I am sure that will help. It’s not exactly what I would call “crisp” yet, mostly just tepid and dreary, but at least it isn’t sweltering and Hell-esque.

I haven’t been totally sitting on my ass for the past couple months, my current big project is a granny hexagon afghan for us*.

hbdayblanketgbday 016hbdayblanketgbday 009hbdayblanketgbday 011

While I am using patterns and inspiration from Attic24 and Moonstitches, with yarn selection and such I am kinda flying by the seat of my pant, but it looks like I might have to end up ordering more yarn. I kinda expected as much, but still kind of a bummer, if I have to wait for it to arrive AGAIN. Patience isn’t exactly one of my virtues. (More yarn and color info at Flickr).

All that aside, I am really enjoying working on it, playing with color combinations, watching it grow. Probably my favorite project in quite a while.

I also

• helped my Mom redesign her blog Not Quite June Cleaver.
  • got my little sister drunk for her 21st birthday.
  • am sure I did other things I can’t remember.
  • oh yeah, like turn 29!

In closing, some photos from our spending Labor Day weekend with the inlaws:

laborday 270laborday 229laborday 232laborday 242laborday 042laborday 032laborday 068laborday 139laborday 172laborday 153laborday 165laborday 210laborday 211

More can be seen at my flickr stream.

*Ok so technically I guess I do sit on my ass to crochet. Busted.

14 Comments

• julie
    September 24, 2009 - 6:09 pm | Permalink

Are these photos of Cross Lake? If not ……it sure looks like it! The photos are so beautiful. It makes me miss home(LA) even more.

• gesikah
    September 24, 2009 - 9:41 pm | Permalink

Thank you! It’s Toledo Bend actually. I imagine they look pretty similar though. :)

• julie
      September 25, 2009 - 8:49 am | Permalink

My grandfather use to take us fishing at Toledo Bend. They were from Belcher,Louisiana. Other grandparents Bossier City. Now I live in New York. Thank-you for your time. I love both you and your mothers blogs!

• gesikah
        September 25, 2009 - 11:23 am | Permalink

Thanks!

We’re about an hour south of Bossier, but we go there pretty often (where else is there to go? ;)).

Wow, New York! I would love to visit there sometime.

• September 27, 2009 - 7:11 am | Permalink

That afghan is going to be amazing! I am so happy you made me one first because I might try to steal this one! I love the bottom left corner yarn (in the galvanized thingy) – turquoise? teal? it is just a very HAPPY color.

The pictures: amazing!

About getting your little sister drunk on her 21st. I really think that story deserves more than just a mention. I mean come on…ONE Long Island Ice Tea and one shot of Tequila and home by 8pm. If you have actually metabolized the alcohol by 10pm does it really count?

About my blog: You just have no idea how many compliments I get on it. It is seriously gorgeous. And so “me”.

29…enjoy. Take notes. Pay attention. It passes too fast. Soon enough you will be having your fiftieth and me my seventy first.

New York: We need to get up a trip. We are grown ups. We could do it. I really think we need to go for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – not this year but soon. I have wanted to go to that since I was a little girl. Let’s get to planning and I will hit your dad up for frequent flyer miles!

• gesikah
      September 27, 2009 - 8:10 am | Permalink

I think it is going to be pretty snazzy. That’s is High Dive according to the label and yeah it ended up being one of my favorites too.

Haha, true. But in my defense, there wasn’t much to tell. Not many good “so this one time I got drunk” stories start at like 6 and are over by 8. ;)

Glad you and everyone are enjoying the new design.

God, I know right. I know I am getting old when I totally get the old saying about youth being wasted on the young.

We totally should, although I am not so sure about the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. You do realize that several of your offspring don’t handle large crowds very well right (me being one of them)? If I can barely get outr of Walmart on a holiday weekend without stabbing someone in the throat with a pen, I think that crowd might be pushing it a bit. Although if there was some way we could watch it from non-ground level that might be cool. ;)

• September 27, 2009 - 5:51 pm | Permalink

Happy belated birthday! :)

• gesikah
      September 28, 2009 - 7:25 pm | Permalink

Thank you! :D

• September 30, 2009 - 12:46 am | Permalink

Yeah…that’s what I was thinking. There are hotel rooms you rent specifically for that purpose. Birdseye view. Of course we may have to sell a kidney. Each of us. But hey if I am going to dream…

• Sandi
    September 30, 2009 - 2:38 pm | Permalink

Your photo’s are amazing…….this is my first visit and you’ve already shown me what I can do with my vintage coca cola ice chest thingy……yarn! Thanks!

Sandi

• gesikah
      September 30, 2009 - 3:38 pm | Permalink

Thank you and you’re welcome! ;)

• Kendra Laidlaw
    October 5, 2009 - 6:06 am | Permalink

I haven’t been to Toledo Bend Lake in many years! And I’ve never seen it look as beautiful as it does in your pictures!!!

• gesikah